Saturday, November 12, 2005

A tough nut to crack

Lately, I've been realizing that all the pain I've been feeling is not just about this situation with Steve. It's about pain that has been squirreled away for a very long time. It's had time to develop a very hard shell around such a tender heart. The day I found out about Steve's new girlfriend, was the day the hammer came crashing down with force enough to crack me wide open and now all that I had hidden inside has been exposed.A severe mercy. He saved me from becoming rancid and bitter and rotten, useless and good for nothing but the trash heap. There is treasure left in the heart of this little broken nut. Thank you for the death blow.

2 comments:

Bar L. said...

you do have a tender heart and you are a bit of a nut :) My two favorite qualities in a friend.

Praise God that his mercy saved you from bitterness. One day at a time, the wound will leave a scar, but they will heal!!!

Anonymous said...

"Because of the Lord's great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness. I say to myself, "The Lord is my portion, therefore I will wait for him." Lamentations 3:22-25

You got it Jan, He loves you. He is FOR you.

Songs to check out: Cry Out To Jesus by Third Day, Held by Natalie Grant

Love you, Jan

Kate